Friday, March 9, 2012

Goodreads Review: Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with MorrieTuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an exceptional story that really makes you think about priorities in life. In case I am not the last person on the planet to read this book, it's a story about well...Tuesdays with Morrie. Morrie is a professor of sociology and learns he has a cruel terminal illness. The author, Mitch, was one of Morrie's favorite students. When Morrie learns about his fate, he asks Mitch to write his "final thesis." Mitch travels out of state to visit Morrie on Tuesdays and picks the important life questions to discuss with his amazingly simple and profound professor. What culminates are chapters on life, love, marriage, death and the finer, more important things in life.

I am a fan of the library, I don't have a lot of space to store books but this will be one I buy anyway. There are so many wonderful lessons and memorable quotes, I think it'd be a great addition to our book collection. One I can share with family, friends and highly recommend to others. One I will reread when I need to de-stress from the juggling act of a full-time job, dealing with a chronic illness (not terminal, thank heavens), and motherhood. One that will stick with me when I need to gain perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a great book also for the people suffering from health issues.It is inspiring and there is a lot to be learnt from this book.

    ReplyDelete